Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Eila, Nhulunbuy, NT


Please note. The original memories were spoken in Finnish.


Eila speaks:


[...] Spiritual matters started to interest me from a very early age because Mother gave them a push when I was very little, and afterwards I started going to girl clubs and Sunday school. And in this way, the spiritual matters were very interesting to me when I was developing and growing up. When I became 18, my older brothers had become members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and they had detached themselves from the Lutheran Church, and also my Mother [detached herself from the Lutheran Church]. I started studying and going to the young people’s club. I felt that the organisation of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was perfect, and [they had] the perfect knowledge of the Gospel. I felt that the Lutheran Church had part of the knowledge, but it was perfect with the Mormon Church. And I started going to the church and I was baptised, and I felt great contentment to be among the young people while learning more of the spiritual matters, which I have been involved with very actively. I was 17 when I started going to church. I was 18 when I was baptised.

My youth was beautiful, clean, interesting, full of happenings, [...]


Eila kertoo muistojaan:


[...] Hyvin aikasin elämässäni hengelliset asiat alko kiinnostaa minua, koska äitini anto niille ensimmäisen sysäyksen heti pienenä ja sitte rupesin käymään tyttökerhossa ja pyhäkoulussa ja näin ollen hengelliset asiat olivat hyvin kiinnostavia minulle, kun aloin kehittyä ja kasvaa suuremmaksi sitte. Kun mie olin sitte 18-vuotias, niin vanhemmat veljeni olivat jo liittyneet Myöhempien Aikojen Pyhien Jeesuksen Kristuksen Kirkkoon ja eronneet luterilaisesta kirkosta, ja myöskin äitini. Itse aloin tutkia ja käydä nuorten kerhossa. Tunsin että Myöhempien Aikojen Pyhien Jeesuksen Kristuksen Kirkolla oli täydellinen toiminta ja täydellinen oppi evankeliumista. Tunsin, että luterilaisella kirkolla oli osa totuutta, mutta mormonikirkolla oli täydellinen. Ja mie rupesin käymään kirkossa ja miut kastettiin ja suurta tyydytystä olla nuorten kanssa ja oppia enemmän hengellisistä asioista, joissa olen yhä hyvin aktiivisena mukana. Mie oli 17, kun mie alotin käymään kirkossa. 18-vuotiaana miut kastettiin.


Miun nuoruus oli kaunis, puhdas, mielenkiintonen, täynnä tapahtumia, [...]



No comments: