Monday, May 28, 2007

Jack, Castlerag, NSW




Please note. The original memories were spoken in Finnish.




Jack speaks:




[...] Well, about music business. My Dad bought a piano – he organised a piano for us, and I was then, maybe ten years of age. I took piano lessons for about a year. Then I got bored with it, because that piano teacher, the banker’s wife, was always totally screwed up with Valium. She nodded [to sleep] at the other end of the piano, and I had to figure out somehow how the notes were supposed to go, and I had to play the kind of music that didn’t interest me one bit. And I wanted to play Beatles songs, and other rock pieces, and I asked this teacher if she could make arrangements from those songs, so I could practice them. “Na-ah, you have to play these from this Aaron book here,” and then she fell asleep again. That was the end of me practicing piano. [...]




___




Jack kertoo muistojaan:




[...] No, noista musiikkihommista, ni isä osti pianon, hommas pianon meille, ja mä olin sillon, oisinko mä ollu 10-vuotias. Kävin pianotunneilla vuoden verran. Sitte mä kyllästyin siihen, se oli se pianon opettaja aina semmosessa valiumipöllyssä, pankinjohtajan vaimo, se nuokku siinä pianon päässä, ja mun piti jotenki yrittää funtsia miten nää nuotit menee ja sit piti soittaa sellasta musiikkia, mikä mua ei oikeestaan yhtään kiinnostanu. Ja mä oisin halunnu soittaa Beatleksiä sillon, ja kaikkia muita rokkikappaleita, ja mä kysyin sitte tältä opettajalta, voisko hän niinku tehä sovituksia niinku niistä kappaleista, mä voisin niitä opetella. E-ei, ku näitä pitää soittaa tästä Aaronin vihkosta, sit se nukahti uudestaan. Mulla jäi se pianonsoitto siihen. [...]

1 comment:

Kent Custom Closets said...

Thannks for sharing this