Thursday, May 24, 2007

Tia, Julia and Mia, Surfers Paradise, QLD




Please note. The memories were originally spoken in Finnish.




Julia speaks:




[...] We dug tunnels in the yard, and there was so much snow that…. Dad, when he plowed the snow, the piles were really high. We dug tunnels and we played in them. It was like a slide, since it was so icy. And then there is a sad memory about my rabbit, whose name was Kollo. And his name was Kollo [Idiot] only because when we bought it, the person who owned the rabbits said, “Come on now, you idiot”, and I thought it was his name. So he got the name Kollo. But he died in winter and I remember my Dad coming – at the time they were building a house in Espoo – so he came and he buried him and it was hard for him to dig [out] the frozen ground, really deep, to be able to bury the rabbit, because I was so…we were all devastated about him dying. [...]




Tia speaks:




[...] Yeah, well [there’s] one thing that I really don´t remember well since I was only four years old, but my Dad made me participate in a cross-country skiing competition. And then… it was a very short round, and he held me upright so that I wouldn’t fall down, and he carried me to the finishing line. And that is the only prize I have ever won. We still have the spoon. And I didn´t get gold, even though my Dad carried me there, hah hah.… Got the bronze sort of spoon, but [it’s] the only one that I have ever won anywhere. [...]




Mia speaks:




[...] A midsummer night story…. We always went to Jurva for midsummer because the whole family lives in Jurva, and they have a habit. There are two brothers there, and they always start a midsummer night fight. And what other crazy things do they do? One midsummer, we went there and we wondered what the blokes were doing, sitting there. There was a… well, a big anthill. The blokes were sitting on that. Three blokes, sitting naked on the ants´ nest. So they were trying [for], what is it…? The Guinness record of who could sit on the anthill for the longest time, hah hah…. Yeah, those sorts of memories [come to mind]. They got it. They sat there forever. Crazy men. Crazy men there. For sure, the ants crawled all over the place. Yuck. [...]




_____




Julia kertoo muistojaan:




[...] ... ni aina talvella, siin pihassa, me kaivettiin sellasii tunneleita siihe pihalle, kun oli niin paljon lunta, että...iskä, ku se kolas sitä lunta ni aina kauheen korkeita. Me tehtiin tunneleita ja me mentiin sielt alta. Se oli niinku liukumäki, ku se oli niin jäistä. Ja sitte surullinen muisto on, ku mun jänis, jonka nimi oli Kollo. Ja sen nimi oli Kollo vaan sen takii, ku me käytii ostaa se, ni se joka omisti niitä jäniksii, sano ”tuu nyt kollo sieltä” ja mä luulin, et se on sen nimi. Ja sen nimeks tuli Kollo. Mut niin se kuoli talvella ja mä muistan meijän isä tuli, ne oli silloin rakentamas taloo Espooseen, ni se tuli sinne ja sen piti mennä hautaan se ja se joutu kauheesti routast maata kaivamaan vaikka kuinka syvälle, että se saa haudattuu sen jäniksen, ku mä olin niin... me oltiin kaikki niin kauhuissaan, et se kuoli. [...]




Tia kertoo muistojaan:




[...] Joo, no yks mitä en kyl nii hyvin muista, ku mä olin varmaan vaan 4-vuotias sillon, mut tota isä pisti mut osallistumaan sellasiin hiihtokilpailuihin ja sitte... se oli ihan pieni lenkki näin ja se muka piti mua pystyssä etten mä kaatunu, mut sehän kanto mut sinne maaliin. Ja se on ainut mitali mitä mä missään oon ikinä voittanu. Meillon vieläki se lusikka. Enkä mä ees saanu kultaa, vaikka isi kanto mut sinne hahhahah... tuli pronssi, sellanen lusikka, mut ainoa mitä mä oon missään voittanu. [...]




Mia kertoo muistojaan:




[...] Sellanen juhannustarina, ko me aina juhannuksena mentiin Jurvaan, ku meillä koko suku asuu Jurvassa ja niillä on sellanen tapa siellä, ku siellä on kaks veljestä ja ne aina tota tekee juhannustappelun ja mitähän vielä hulluu siel on. Ni tota yks juhannus me mentiin sinne ja me katottiin mitähän noi ukot istuu tuolla, semmonen tota noin iso muurahaispesä. Ne ukot istu siinä. Ne kolme ukkoo, alasti istu muurahaispesässä. Ni ne teki tota, mikä tää on... Guinnessin ennätystä, et kuka pystyy istuun pisimpään muurahaiskedon päällä hehhehheh... Joo, semmonen muisto. Sai ne sen. Ne istu siellä vaikka kuinka kauan. Hullu ukko. Hullut ukot siellä. Kyl kai ne meni joka paikkaan ne muurahaiset. Hyi. [...]




1 comment:

Chasing the Sun said...

Very creaative post