Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Rainer, Jindabyne, NSW




Please note. The original memories were spoken in Finnish.


Rainer speaks:


Oh boy…What should I tell…? In springtime, at the falls of Vantaa. It was my favourite spot to go after school. Sometimes in spring when the ice started cracking and breaking, I liked to go there to watch the sheets of ice coming down from the brink of the dam, falling and breaking down there. I could stand there a long time, watching them. I was 12 or 13… [...]


Rainer kertoo muistojaan:


Oh boy... Mitäköhän mä kerron... Keväällä, siinä Vantaan putouksella. Se oli jotenki semmonen lempipaikka mennä koulun jälkeen joskus keväällä, ku jäät alko halkeileen ja meneen rikki ja tykkäsin mennä sinne katteleen. Ku ne jäälautat tulee siitä sen padon reunalta alas tai murskautu sinne alas. Voin siinä seistä pitkäänki, katella niitä. Kaks-kolmetoista... [...]


No comments: